Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hair Tutorial: Wavy Long Bob

It's been a few months since my digital perm, and my hair is needing added help to maintain its bounce and volume. Gene Juarez Salon invited me in for a styling appointment with Courtney Buckley, and I was able to try the new line of hair products by R+Co. Below are tricks I learned to turn limp locks into perfect waves!

1. My natural hair with no products. There are some slight waves leftover from the perm.
2. After washing with R+Co "Dallas" Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner, Courtney misted my hair with R+Co "One" Prep Spray all over, then R+Co "Rockaway" Salt Spray in the roots before blowing it dry.
3. Using a 1" curling iron, Courtney started around 3/4 way up a strand of hair and wrapped it away from my face for a loose wave.

What caught my eye with R+Co products is the modern, visually-appealing branding. R+Co, created by the hair powerhouse trio, Garren, Thom Priano, and Howard McLaren, is formulated without parabens or sulfates and is vegetarian and cruelty-free. See below for how to use each product:

After washing your hair, mist R+Co "One" Prep Spray all over damp hair as a base coat for nourishment and protection prior to styling.

This R+Co "Rockaway" Salt Spray is nondrying and works amazingly in damp or dry hair. I spray it in my damp hair before blowdrying, and add a few more spritzes for good measure after styling. I love that the spray instantly gives me more texture to work with, as just-washed hair doesn't hold a style as well.

I add two drops of R+Co "Tinsel" Smoothing Oil to each side of my hair and rub it into the ends while loosening the waves to create a more natural curl. My usual dried out locks look instantly healthier and shinier after using the oil!

Thank you Courtney from Gene Juarez for your expert tips, and R+Co for gifting me these beautiful products!

25 comments:

  1. Love your hair! It looks so healthy! I wish that product is available here in the Philippines. Or is it? :)
    You look cute in those photos btw! <3

    xo,
    Janine
    www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair, the style and length looks gorgeous. I really want to try out R+C "Tinsel" Smoothing Oil. My hair is wavy but sometimes on the wrong side of wavy and can turn into a frizzy mess. Love reading about new hair care tips!

    Trish
    www.reservedforruby.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love your hair! It's gorgeous. I would so cut my hair if I knew it would look like that.

    Ellen | A Pop of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. This haircut is adorable! I love it and you can do so many different things with it!
    poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm about to cut my hair into a long bob, so I'm so glad you did this tutorial!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo cute on you! Love the soft curls on you.

    www.kissthechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! I've been curling my hair a lot recently as well-- thanks for sharing your techniques and products!
    <3 Daisy
    Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hair looks so cute! I sometimes find it hard to style shorter hair...but you are rockin this look!
    xo Erin
    www.winkandatwirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm usually not a fan of shorter hair, but now you make me wanna get a "Lob" too!!! Looks amazing, girl!

    xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep thinking about cutting my hair into a long bob. This is really helpful, and I will save it for if I decide to chop my hair off.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hair! You style is so well (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love R+Co! I recently discovered it when I got my hair chopped off two months ago and my hair stylist recommended it to me for styling purposes. I use their mousse at the moment but I would love to try their other products!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hair! can't wait to grow it out so I can pull off that kind of bob!

    x Francesca of http://primpandpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice hair style dear :)
    please visit my blog
    http://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com
    http://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your waves look so pretty!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great tutorial!! I need to do this to my hair, since I think mine is kind of a lob aka long bob! Your hair looks perfect!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard awesome stuff about their brand!

    Morgan
    www.eenymeenyminymorgan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it!!
    http://fashiondiariesbyk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey pretty thing!

    Great post! One day I'm going to cut my hair that short, just like yours. It looks great your hair <3

    xoyaoyao.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This makes me want to cut my hair...ah, so scary to me! But yours looks absolutely amazing. :) Xo, Alison

    http://www.simplyfairbyalisonjeanine.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. great post :)


    www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this tutorial Carolyn! I have been wanting to chop my hair to your length and make it wavy too, but I don't have the courage. Your hair looks so pretty and bouncy!

    xo, Alina
    STYLE BY ALINA

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your hair girl. Thanks for the tutorial.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, that's amazing, your hair really looks stunning, I'm sold!! ;)

    Love,
    Whitney

    http://www.whitneyswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn