Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall Beauty: Skincare Favorites

In the past few years, I've ramped up my skincare regime and dialed in what works for my skin type (dry/combination). While an effective skincare routine is not low maintenance, the preemptive measures in taking care of your skin is an investment. Recently, I had the fun opportunity of being a judge for the AOL.com Best of Fall Beauty Awards in the category of skincare! From the dozens of products I tested, below are my favorites:

Skincare Favorites
fall skincare
L-R: Nordstrom marble tray, First Aid Beauty face cleanser, Murad exfoliant,
First Aid Beauty toner pads, Josie Maran skin oil, Murad night cream, C.O. Bigelow lip balm

Best Face Wash
First Aid Beauty face cleanser
First Aid Beauty face cleanser - I love this cleanser! It's gentle enough to use in the morning, yet it also removes ALL my makeup. It's fragrance free, and leaves no residue on the face. My skin feels so clean after, but not to the point where it feels stripped.

Best Exfoliant
Murad exfoliating cleanser
Murad exfoliant - Usually I prefer chemical exfoliants over physical exfoliants (like scrubs), because scrubbing tends to irritate my skin and only exfoliate the top layer. While this product has jojoba beads, it's so fine that it doesn't bother my skin. Plus, there are three exfoliating acids to really rid dead skin. I only use this at night once every other day after cleansing.

Best Toner
First Aid Beauty toner pads
First Aid Beauty toner pads - These pads are so convenient. They're soaked in the toner, and alcohol and fragrance free. The pads have a textured side, which gives me more control in targeting my t-zone area.

Best Skin Oil
Josie Maran argan oil
Josie Maran argan oil - My ultimate favorite is the Sunday Riley "Juno" skin oil, but that is rather pricey. This one is pure argan oil, which is nice that there's no fillers. I layer it under moisturizer at night, especially during cold and dry wintertimes.

Best Night Cream
Murad night cream
Murad night cream - The texture of this night cream is so luxurious! It's creamy and thick, but just airy enough and not greasy. When I apply this, it feel like my skin is drinking in the moisture, and it keeps skin hydrated and supple all night.

Best Lip Balm
CO Bigelow lip balm
C.O. Bigelow lip balm - Let's not forget the lips! When it comes to products, I'm big on packaging, not only for aesthetics, but mostly for utility. I don't like dipping my fingers into products for sanitary reasons, and this applies to chapsticks as well. That being said, I like the easy and clean applicator for this lip balm, and the light mint scent is pleasant.

Shop my favorite fall skincare products:


What is your favorite skincare product right now? Let me know in the comments! I always love discovering new products.

29 comments:

  1. Some great products!

    Xo Ally

    www.allysoninwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE First Aid Beauty, but I haven't tried either of these. It works so great for my skin though, and I'll be needing a new face wash soon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    Shae @ Current Habits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! I'm so disappointed that Murad is still using microbeads: 1. There are so many great alternatives and 2. A bunch of states and countries have already banned them. The other products look great though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about banning microbeads! However, Murad uses jojoba beads, which are natural and not plastic/harmful to the environment. :)

      Delete
  4. I've been looking for a great toner and I love that these are pads!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so in love with Murad. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool that you got to be a judge for the AOL beauty awards! Love your marble tray thing too!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post, thanx for sharing

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Dubai, Provence, Rio...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have heard great things about the Josie Maran argan oil, glad you like it too! Gives me the encouragement to give it a try :)

    xx, Cindy
    www.whenindoubtblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like dipping into products, too, so you make me want to try C.O. Bigelow lip balm. Does it moisturize well?

    - Seyra x
    www.pavementsarerunways.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seyra! Yes, it keeps the lips moisturized overnight.

      Delete
  10. Murad has such great products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I had more luck with FAB products because they really seem to work like charms for every one else. I tried the cleanser a while ago and didn't love it, maybe I should give it another go?

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these products but haven't tried anything from Murad, needs to change asap! x
    Freyas Fashion Chapter MAC GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really, really wanna try first aid beauty

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always on the lookout for new products to try! I want to check out the Murad exfoliate and moisturizer!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  15. What awesome favorites - these are all such great skincare brands. I love Murad so much and would love to test out First Aid Beauty as well. Great post!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  16. These beauty products look amazing! I will have to check them out. I also love the marble tray. Thanks for sharing. Xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skin oil seems to be amazing, I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. their is look so great product !! i love the review thank you

    www.sabrinamaida.com


    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a lovely blog!!

    xx Kasey

    www.kasestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the tips ;)
    Kisses from Spain
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really like how you took these photographs :-) that marmer plate thingy is so pretty! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been looking for a good exfoliator!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great products!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks great these products congratulation!!!
    big kiss from Italy.

    Check it out my last post: http://www.honeyandcotton.org/my-fall-winter-wishlist-by-esprit/?lang=en

    ReplyDelete
  25. It’s such a lovely post with so beautiful photos! You did a great job!
    I know how much time blog requires, but keep doing it!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a helpful post thank you so much! Great products :)

    bestdarkspotcorrectors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn