Saturday, April 9, 2016

Beauty: April Favorites

For as much as I love beauty (skincare, makeup, haircare), I rarely post about it on the blog. I hope to change that, as I really enjoy researching products that work and trying out new fun goodies. Here's the first of a monthly favorites series!

This month's favorite products: primer, contour powder, highlighter, and lip mask

L: Dolce&Gabbana Sheer Radiance Makeup Base SPF 30 - I have combination skin, so I like using this primer for spring and summer (especially with the built-in SPF), because it's light and lets my skin glow. It's "radiant" but without any shimmer, which I appreciate.

R: Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder (Medium) - I use this contour powder before warming up my face with bronzer. It's a cool-toned medium brown so it mimics the natural shadows of your bone structure, but the color is smooth and not muddy. This powder is pricey, but it's so pigmented I literally use two light dabs on my contour brush, so it'll last forever.

L: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Champagne Pop) - This highlighter lives up to its name and really pops, which is why I use it for nights out. It's hyper-shimmery, and a little goes a long way. I use a couple dabs on my highlighter brush and sweep above my cheekbones for a bomb highlight.

R: Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask (Natural) - I love a good chapstick and have a dozen kinds stashed everywhere so I'm never without lip care. This lip mask is by far my favorite for the evening! It's so luxuriously thick and sticks all night so I wake up with hydrated lips.

If you're a VIB member, Sephora is currently having a 15% off sale with the code: VIBNOTE. I just bought a bunch of Drunk Elephant skincare because I've heard so many good things about their quality ingredients, so I'll be trying that out and reporting back!

Shop items from this post:


18 comments:

  1. I LOVE ALL YOUR PICKS! I really want to try the BECCA Highlighter ^_^


    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. thses are nice, i like using highlighter
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've heard about the Dolce & Gabbana makeup face! Dying to try is out :) x Alona

    gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! Great blog post girlie.

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That highlighter looks fabulous!

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These awesome products are worth a try! Thanks for sharing! =)

    - Cielo

    Follow me on Mermaid in Heels
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos :3 Where is that background print from? D: I'm so tempted to get a few things from Sephora with this sale going on, especially some essentials.

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's a gift wrap from Moorea Seal - I linked it in the post: http://bit.ly/25QuPJq

      Delete
  8. I love your April picks, the BITE Lip mask sounds incredible, I'd really like to give it a go! :D

    Serene | I Am Serene L

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your April picks, the BITE Lip mask sounds incredible, I'd really like to give it a go! :D

    Serene | I Am Serene L

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many awesome products! Thanks for sharing. :)
    - Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  11. such great products, love your flatlays.

    Hope you've had an amazing weekend

    Filipa xxx
    PlayingWithApparel.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great products, lovely assessment!!


    Amber
    All the Cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just recently bought Champagne Pop as well, and I was so angry I've been missing out for so long! (T▽T)

    http://www.mondaysandmimosas.us/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool products! Love everything :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Becca Shimmering Pop

    Happy Monday Doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely. Thanks for sharing and check us out to learn how to get XTRActive.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/04/11/lets-get-xtractive/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn