Friday, April 15, 2016

Leather x Flowers - Victoria, BC

Last weekend, Clipper Vacations invited us to Victoria, BC for the weekend and also booked us a visit to the Butchart Gardens as part of the vacation package. If you're ever in Victoria, I totally recommend stopping over, especially when the roses are in bloom! On a sunny day, you'll feel so at peace amidst these beautiful florals.

In that last photo, I'm wearing a bracelet from the Brave Collection. The gold text means "brave" in Khmer, which is the language of Cambodia. These bracelets are handmade by local artisans to support women in Cambodia. I'm a full-time English teacher, and with my Freshman students, I teach about the Cambodian genocide when they're reading Night by Elie Wiesel for the Holocaust unit, so this brand and movement is especially meaningful to me.

Acne Studios "Mock" leather jacket
Tobi white henley shirt (c/o)
Zara distressed jeans (similar here and here)
Birkenstock "Milano" sandals

We went straight from the Clipper to the Butchart Gardens, so I was in comfy travel clothes. The leather and distressed denim were quite a juxtaposition to the lush beauty of the flower garden. When I travel, I like wearing this Tobi long flowy top with my Longchamp roomy crossbody bag - practical yet slightly more put together than sweatpants.

A big thank you to Clipper Vacations for this fun weekend!

Shop similar items from this post:

15 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to visit a botanic garden for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it yet! Love the casual outfit and how the leather jacket edges it up a bit. -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic and beautiful look.

    http://www.dressmonsoonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful dress great for the holidays!

    http://www.shopukarenmillen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great post babe x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful place!! Stunning shots!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are absolutely breathtaking. I'm loving how you styled this outfit - need those jeans in my life!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn, just wanted to say that I really appreciate that you showcase products tied to worthy causes on your site (the Punjammies were beautiful, too). Thanks for bringing these to our attention - if we're going to drool over pretty things and convince ourselves that we need them, they might as well be more than empty baubles, right?

    Also, on a similar note admire that you do work that you love and that makes an impact with young people, when usually people in the style blogosphere tend to gravitate toward stuff like putting their faces on ad campaigns or styling retail shoots... not that there's anything wrong with that, it just makes what you do seem particularly special by contrast. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi M, thank you for the heartfelt encouragement! Blogging can feel compartmentalized from life outside of the social media persona, but once in a while, fashion overlaps with other issues I care about. Thank you for your support. :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, this place is pretty amazing! The first picture is my favorite. Do you have a photographer with you? :) I love it!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post- Lighthouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaira - thank you! I traveled with my husband who also photographs for my blog.

      Delete
  9. Such gorgeous pictures, you look amazing! I think your blog is great by the way, let me know if you would like to follow each other! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like such a pretty botanical garden. Perfect for reading a book :3 Love your sunglasses, btw!

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are beautiful and I cannot get over this location. So gorgeous. WOW! xx, Erin - www.stylebythepeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This place is beautiful!!!! I'm so going now. I need to go!

    xo,

    Kat
    www.PersianKittyKat.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous garden! & love your look =) Thanks for sharing!!
    -mainou
    http://www.looksbymc.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn