Friday, May 20, 2016

Beauty: May Favorites

This month's favorite products: highlighting palette, tinted eyebrow gel, cleansing balm, and night serum

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
L-R: Dim Light, Incandescent Light (exclusive to the palette), Radiant Light

I found the perfect everyday highlighter for my skin tone! The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette provides a subtle, glow-from-within look that is natural enough even for the work place. The powders are so silky and blendable, you won't see obvious specks of shimmer on your face.

Dim Light: I dust over the center of my face - forehead, bridge of nose, and lower cheeks with the Real Techniques Setting Brush.
Incandescent Light: This is the brightening powder in the palette, so I use the Sigma F35 Highlighter Brush to swipe under eyes, over cheekbones, on tip of nose, and cupid's bow of the upper lip.
Radiant Light: This is the darkest shade in the palette, so I lightly layer it over my contour with the Too Faced Powder Brush.

For a more bam!-in-your-face highlight, I use Becca Champagne Pop (read more in April Favorites).

Glossier - Boy Brow
Glossier Boy Brow
The hype around the Glossier Boy Brow is real! The Boy Brow is a tinted gel that colors, tames, and thickens your brows. I fill in some sparser areas first with my trusted Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony with the ABH #12 Brush. Then I brush the Boy Brow in Black through the hairs, and I love how feathery, natural, and thick it makes my brows look!

Clinique - "Take the Day Off" Cleansing Balm
Clinique Cleansing Balm
I'm too lazy to double cleanse, so I love that this Clinique Cleansing Balm takes off all my makeup (liquid eyeliner included) and cleans the face. Scrape a bit of the balm and rub onto a dry face -- a little goes a long way! It doesn't leave a greasy film, yet is gentle and doesn't dry out the skin at all.

Drunk Elephant - Night Serum
Drunk Elephant Night Serum
This product is pricey, but I believe in splurging for serums in the skincare routine, as they're intensely-packed with antioxidants and are more targeted in their treatment. Drunk Elephant is praised for their high quality ingredients, and out of the four products I bought from their line, I'm most into this Night Serum. Two of my skincare concerns are hyperpigmentation and pores -- and the 12% glycolic acid exfoliates and addresses sun damage and dryness, while the 1% salicylic acid dissolves blackheads and improves uneven discoloration.

Check out my April Favorites and more Beauty posts.

Shop products from this post:

16 comments:

  1. Nice review ;)

    ______________________
    PERSONAL STYLE BLOG
    http://evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That highlighter palette looks beyond gorgeous. On my to-get list now!

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect

    http://www.handbageshows.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super love

    http://www.handbagshowinfo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like the Ambient Lighting Palette, check out the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit! It is phenomenal!!!Three powders, two blushes, and a bronzer. It is a bit smaller in size and is pricey, but you get a good variety.

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about that palette too! I'd love to check out the Hourglass blushes and bronzer, and the palette seems to be a nice way to sample those.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only tried the hourglass ambient lighting palette and it's one of my favourite products too! Heard a lot of good things about the Clinique cleansing balm but haven't had the chance to try it yet :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty products! I absolutely love the palette!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that Hourglass palette in my car! LOL

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Clinique products as well! Great product review girlie.

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Hourglass highlighter seems promising. The packaging seems so luxurious too :3

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have both the Hourglass and the Becca highlighters and my personal favorite is Becca! I feel like the Hourglass doesn't really show up on me. Maybe because I apply my make up in semi-darkness. Maybe the Becca is super intense when I go outside and I just never realize it!

    Anyways I'm obsessed with the tropical background you used! What is it/where did you get it?

    xx freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania!

      I think the Hourglass is just right for my skintone for wearing to work. It doesn't look sparkly, but just a subtle glow. I use the lightest color for a highlight and I can see it, so I like to buff it in more so it isn't as obvious. I love Becca too! They're so pigmented and gorgeous, definitely my go-to for life outside of work haha.

      As for the background, it's wrapping paper from Moorea Seal --> here's the link!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn