Thursday, June 30, 2016

Beauty: June Favorites [Travel Edition]

I recently went on a week-long trip to Hawaii, so I thought I'd dedicate this month's beauty favorites for products I especially love while traveling. For tropical vacations, I like to pack light and look fresh, so these products were perfect for that!

This month's favorite products for travel: 1. face palette 2. hair volumizing powder
3. nail base, polish, and gel top coat 4. individual eyelashes and glue

1. Guerlain "Terracotta" Face Palette
Guerlain Terracotta face palette
Palettes are great for traveling because they save space in your luggage. The Guerlain "Terracotta" bronzer has a cult following, and I have to say I'm on board! This Guerlain "Terracotta" face palette has the aforementioned bronzer, a stunning golden highlight, a contour powder, and the prettiest coral blush.

I'm not a fan of the sliver packaging detail because when I go in with a brush, the powders mix, but I just cover up the other powders and that works fine. However, this palette is worth that trouble because the powders look so natural and glowy!

2. Kevin Murphy - "Powder Puff" Volumizing Powder
Kevin Murphy Powder Puff
If you're only packing a carry-on, you'd have to buy travel-sized aerosol hair products, so enter this brilliant Kevin Murphy "Powder Puff" volumizing powder. I dispense the powder at a few points near the roots, and then fluff my hair and voila!

3. Essie - Base Coat, Dolce&Gabbana - "Cosmopolitan" Nail Polish, Perfect Formula - Gel Top Coat
no chip manicure
I Snapchatted my manicure routine and a lot of people screenshot it so I thought I'd add details here. I've been doing my nails with this formula for a year, and my polish lasts for two weeks without chipping! There are only signs of grow-out. Here's how it's done:

Essie Base Coat - coat clean nails with a light coat. Wait a minute for the base coat to dry.

Dolce&Gabbana nail polish - I own like 10 Dolce&Gabbana nail polishes, and while they're pricey, they're so worth it. The brush curves to your nail and the distribution is so even. This polish doesn't chip on me. I've used other nail polishes, but they'll be chipped within a week. Even with the sand and wear-and-tear in Hawaii, my manicure didn't chip!

Perfect Formula Gel Top Coat - this is called a "gel" top coat because it makes your nails as shiny as if you'd gotten a gel manicure, but it's easy to take off with the usual nail polish remover.

4. House of Lashes - Triple Lashes and Glue, Ardell - Individual Lashes
individual lashes
I like not wearing eye makeup while on a beach vacation, but I love having fun lashes. I've been doing my own "lash extensions" for almost a year now. For a natural everyday look, I use short and medium Ardell individual lashes. For Hawaii, I added more dramatic clusters from House of Lashes. I always use the clear House of Lashes glue -- it's waterproof and keeps my lashes on for over a week!

Here are my May Favorites and additional Beauty posts.

Shop products from this post:

14 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to give that volumizing powder a try! Thanks for sharing!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to try those individual lashes ! so pretty

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those eyelashes!! Great stuff!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried false lashes, but I might just give them a try :)

    La Luna Vita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post dear!
    www.evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I have to try it!
    xx

    https://theweirdbutterfly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks girlie! I love Kevin.Murphy too.

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect

    http://www.pursesnews.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful praise

    http://www.showehandbags.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing products dear, loving the cute powder puff!
    www.rebelrebel.co | Youtube x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The powder puff looks right up my alley! What color is it when it comes out?!!? Might need to buy... going to stalk the website!

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com --> PS new posts on my blog everyday this week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana! The powder is white, which is initially visible against my hair, but once I fluff my hair around, the powder blends in and isn't a problem.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn