Friday, December 30, 2016

Happy New Year from Hong Kong!

Hong Kong Times Square
Happy New Years Eve! I'm finishing up my trip to Japan, Hong Kong, and Korea, which could not have been a better way to end 2016. I've been reenergized by spending time with family and exploring some of my favorite countries, and I'm ready to head into 2017! Here is my NYE's outfit shot in Hong Kong:

Hong Kong travel guide
holiday manicure jewelry accessories
YSL Saint Laurent embellished velvet Kate bag
Carven skirt (on sale!)
Saint Laurent velvet embellished bag (similar)
ChloƩ gold ankle strap flats (similar)
Monica Vinader "Fiji" gold bracelet

I'm a big believer in glitter, gold, and red for all the holiday festivities! If not now, then when?! (See the other holiday outfit I've been wearing over and over again.) So, of course, for my New Year's Eve attire, I combined all my favorite elements with this fun sparkly top, gold flats, and starry earrings...and topped it all off with the Smashbox red liquid lipstick that stays on all night (through endless glasses of champagne). Now I'm ready to ring in 2017!

For Christmas this year, I treated myself to this gorgeous Saint Laurent velvet beaded bag. The embellishments are next level, and I love that I've rarely seen a bag like this! Saint Laurent has just been doing the mostest with jazzing up their bags lately, and I'm totally into it. While I usually invest in classic bags, this piece was too special to pass -- it's like wearing a piece of art! I've linked some more embellished Saint Laurent bags below.

Thank you for reading and following along! 2016 has been quite a year with many triumphs and heartbreaks. I wish you a happy New Year filled with love, growth, and health. Onwards and upwards -- always.

Love, Carolyn

Shop similar items from this post:

Shop Saint Laurent bags:

12 comments:

  1. You look like you're having an amazing time (especially on SC!). I'm super jealous of your trips and am looking forward to going back to all these places!

    Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bag is so beautiful! I was travelling around Hong Kong and Tokyo over summer and this is sending back memories!

    The Little Things | Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your travel photos Carolyn, Happy New Year!

    xx
    Lauren
    www.shoesandsashimi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great NYE outfit! I love that sparkly top!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Saint Laurent bag! Happy new year!

    Angela | GoGypset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with your bag!

    www.evdaily.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look with these golden touches, it's a warp!


    xo,
    Frenchies.

    HTTP://FRENCHIESUNDERTHESUN.BLOGSPOT.COM

    And a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how glam you are, even when you're traveling!! I find myself packing infinite amounts of sweatpants when on the road, so it's refreshing to see how well put together you always are. #goals

    Happy new year!!
    xo,
    katrina
    thedemuremuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new years outfit =)
    -mainou
    http://www.looksbymc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely cute and happy new year! I love the way you pinned your hair!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Classic Hong Kong haha there are people everywhere , esp in Causeway Bay!

    xx Margaret
    www.maleemaleehong.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn