Monday, January 9, 2017

Bundled Up in Seoul, South Korea

winter layering outfits
I spent the last week of 2016 in Seoul, South Korea, which was the final stop on our 2-week Asia trip (Japan and Hong Kong were our other destinations). It was my first time in Seoul and I had so much fun!

Gangnam Seoul Korea
Celine medium box bag
Seoul Korea fashion style outfit
Celine medium Box bag goatskin
Marc Jacobs mohair coat
Adidas black Stan Smith sneakers
Celine black medium Box bag
Seoul Korea Gangnam
Marc Jacobs mohair coat (similar)
Neiman Marcus pom-pom beanie
Acne Studios "Canada" scarf

This outfit was essentially my uniform during the Seoul-leg of our Asia trip. The temperatures in Tokyo and Hong Kong were moderate, but it was like 28-degrees F in Seoul. Being from Seattle, we were not used to freezing, so I made sure to bundle up! I've always raved about these fleece-lined tights, but they really saved me -- though I did have to layer thick socks underneath them (the cold was no joke!). The tights, and this Acne Studios blanket wool scarf, are my winter must-haves. I've had this scarf for years now and get so many wears out of it. The size is perfect for getting all wrapped up, and the virgin wool is soo soft and not itchy at all. I want one in every color!

I'm so glad that "athleisure" is trendy and I hope that look never goes away. We often walked 5+ miles a day exploring and these Adidas sneakers were comfy but also sleek enough to go with the rest of the outfit. I obviously wear them at home too, sometimes to make a dress look more casual, but I also recommend them for traveling!

I'll have a Seoul travel post up soon that is more dedicated to transportation, food spots, and shopping. Let me know if you have any questions you'd like me to answer!

Shop similar items from this post:

20 comments:

  1. Great post ;)

    www.evdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so adorable! Love that coat. I have been dying to go to Seoul

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great uniform for traveling! I really love that textured coat and I'm going to have to look into those fleece-lined tights!

    -Helen
    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you a wonderful post:)
    My first ever trip was to Seoul! It was 1996. Love this city and this country. For me it is the most smiling nation in the world. :)

    BeautyMarkLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute, but yes very chilly! Hmm definitely a restaurant guide would be handy haha but also the best places to shop!

    JustJ.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go to Korea! It sounds super nice!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article, love it. BTW I’ve just written this post on 10 alternatives to Zara and thought you would like it :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit so much! The colour palette is such a lovely mix of neutrals and the texture mixing = swooooon! Your snaps in Korea were my faovurite-- especially the food and the sneak peeks of huge malls.

    xo,
    katrina
    thedemuremuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with your look! Such a great style!

    curlyjosephine.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey,
    I would love visiting South Korea! Thanks for sharing your trip :D

    http://shortrelationships.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seoul looks so breathtaking! Perfect outfit for roaming around and exploring the city!

    Xx, Lora | Cherry Cola Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are gorgeous, Carolyn! I can't wait to see more of your trip on your upcoming travel posts!

    XO, Emily
    Epicurean Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your travel style! It's so tough to dress for winter travel, but you nailed it. This photography is awesome as well, gorgeous!

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! It's perfect for exploring and so cute! Looking forward to your travel post on Seoul!

    xo, Min
    www.smitteninmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the post!
    xx Tania
    tsarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the layers of this ensemble girly and these photos are FABULOUS!

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com
    Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter: @missdsquared413

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look cute. hihihi.
    Anyway, looks like u had a lot of fun in hongdae

    https://monicaptanzil.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn