Thursday, September 29, 2016

Fall Snack: Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies

Summer has come to an end, and as much as I miss the consistent sun and heat, I absolutely love fall in the Pacific Northwest. The leaves have already started changing colors in Seattle, and there is that familiar crisp freshness in the air signaling the beginning of autumn.

The end of summer season also marks the last of three posts I'm writing in collaboration with Adams Peanut Butter. I love that Adams is a local brand and was started by a football coach from Tacoma, WA in 1916 - happy 100 years of success and pure peanut butter goodness! I've had so much fun being their summer ambassador, as they encouraged me to enjoy the beautiful PNW outdoors. I started off with a post about my summer picnic (that feels so long ago!) and then my summer hike.

I wanted to create this post and add a little touch of fall to one of my favorite childhood snacks: muddy buddies with, of course, pumpkin spice! As a plus, the recipe is super easy - see below!

muddy buddies recipe

Recipe:
  1. 9 cups of chex mix
  2. 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  3. 1/2 cup Adams Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
  4. 1/4 cup butter
  5. 1 teaspoon vanilla
  6. 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  7. Pumpkin spice (nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves, and a pinch of powdered ginger)

Adams organic peanut butter
pumpkin spice muddy buddies
puppy chow recipe
Directions: Pour the cereal in a large bowl. Melt the butter, chocolate, and peanut butter. Add vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal. Stir. Scoop into plastic bag. Add powdered sugar and pumpkin spice. Shake shake shake!

That's it! I just made muddy buddies a couple days ago and the entire bag is almost gone. I hope you enjoy and happy fall!

(Btw, my off-the-shoulder gingham top is from Shein and floral apron is from Anthropologie.)

Thank you to The J.M. Smucker Company for sponsoring this post.

8 comments:

  1. wow looks yummy!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg pumpkin spice flavored?! Totally mind-blowing haha

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  3. PUMPKIN SPICE! My fave! Gotta try this asap. Thanks!!

    Xo,
    Itzy
    http://www.lebellagypsy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! This looks so amazingly delicious!!!

    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn!!!! I am so hungry after reading this post!!!! I have to have my roommate to make this one for me! xoxo

    xo,
    AikA❤︎

    ★BLOG★
    ★INSTAGRAM★
    ★FACEBOOK★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Save me some!!! I love muddy buddies!!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Love, Carolyn